Tuesday, November 13, 2007

web 2.0

To be honest, unless I worked in a library web 2.0 would mean nothing to me. I would probably utilise the things that I want or need and not give a second thought to what i was doing. I would maintain a parental interest in what my kids were up to on the net but thats about all really. But i guess therein lies the beauty of web 2.0. You take from it what you need.
Professionally, its a different story. Because I am studying a grad dip in library studies I am very aware of the need to be constantly updating my skills and knowledge in order to keep up with technology and the needs of our users. Even though most of the web 2.0 holds little interset to me I belive to be a good librarian i have to know about its technologies and be able to use them.

No comments: